Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pre Post

Okay, now that I have my tree up I can sit down and write my cards. It's the afternoon (which is slightly unusual because I usually like to write them in the evening), but it's suitably dark and gloomy outside so it kind of feels like nighttime anyhow. Wine is replaced with Bailey's, (more Christmasy and less strong for this relatively early hour of 12:00).

I suppose that this is as good a time as any to mention that if you are reading this and don't actually receive a Christmas card from me, one of five things has occurred: A) You don't actually know me and you would think it was junk mail or the wrong address if you did get one. B) I've asked you for your address and you've failed to give it to me. C) You've unfortunately not made the list this year because money is tight (remember? No paid employment), and the mailing is decidedly tiny and exclusive. D) It got lost in the post. E) I don't like you. (Although I can't think of any specific examples in this case, I suppose it is possible after all). So please, no hard feelings.

I have what I think are my two very favorite Christmas CD's at hand. The Chieftans' Bells of Dublin which is playing now, and the essential Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi in the wings. They undoubtedly appeal to unique tastes in their own ways, but I can't think of anything better to listen to right now. Off I go, my ice is melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment