Friday, January 27, 2012

the perfect tool...


... for removing the top sheet from my watercolour block! My expired Howlett's Animal Park annual membership card that I just haven't been able to bring myself to throw away. I mean, what's wrong with having that lovely tiger face in your wallet even if its only purpose is sheer cuteness! Now its new home will be by my paint supplies. 

Sooo... I DID IT! One of my house-scapes has made it to my Etsy shop at last! Again, I had the usual perfectionist trappings, and there are definitely some trial and error aspects to this first one for sale, but I still was really happy with the result and happy to list it. It turns out it wasn't too much longer ago than a year that I first shared this style in THIS POST from 3rd December, 2010.

The biggest hurdle was working out the best way to remove the top sheet (problem now officially solved thanks to Mr. Tiger), and then figuring out how to take some interesting photos of it. I plan on having a few little set-ups where I could show the painting "in situ", but the light and my eagerness to just get on with it disturbed that plan somewhat. There's time for that. For now, I think I just have to keep doing what flows easily and try not to put too much pressure on myself. I actually am reasonably pleased with my paper clamp/yarn compromise. This is the finished product by the way:


In other news: I woke up to find that one of my photo prints had sold! It's one I like too, and I wonder if someone didn't find it through the bunny up a tree, because the colours are remarkably similar, don't you think?


I've sold two prints this month and it's only since I have NOT been concentrating on them! Funny ol' thing, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment